Learn how to make an easy and inexpensive needle book. You can also add a “pocket” to hold your scissors and thread. This is a great project for beginner sewers – learn to sew a straight line while making a case for your new tools!
If you are scout leader or work with a youth group, this is a good activity (cheap and quick) to share. No kids to work with? You already have a needle book? Well, this little case can hold all kinds of thing such as charger cords, pens & pencils, clipped coupons….. You can turn it into a first aide kit or give it as a gift with a special gift card inside.
Hope you decide to make our needle book! Please share our video with your friends. THANKS!!!
Fabric/Batting: (100% cotton works best!)
- 5″ piece of felt or batting pot holder OR
- 6 1/2″ or larger quilt block backing – same size as quilt block
- batting – 1/2″ smaller that quilt block
- fabric scissors OR
- rotary cutter, acrylic ruler and self healing mat
- thread heavy duty needle/ pins
- button/pin/elastic/ribbon for enclosure
- ziplock bags