Learn how to make a Partial Seam (starts at 4:51 in video) in place of a more difficult inset seam when completing this 6″ Spinning Geese block. You’ll also discover a quick way to make 4 Flying Geese units (starts at 1:11) using this “no waste” method.
This is the 16th video in our Seasonal Sampler Series. In each video, you’ll explore one or more quilting techniques. Watch all the videos, work on the small projects and expand your quilting skills! You’ll find links to these videos and patterns below along with the supply list.
Supply List for Springtime Sampler (in PDF format)
Other Spinning Geese Patterns (Quick Corner Method)
Springtime Seasonal Sampler Supply List
Yardage: (100% cotton works best!)
- Background Fabric – 1/4 yard
- Assorted Fabrics – 1/8 – 1/4 yard of each; scraps at least 6 1/2″
- Backing – ½ yard fabric Batting – ½ yard
- Cutting Tools (scissors, rotary ruler, mat and cutter)
- Needle, Thread & Pins
- Iron & Sewing Machine 1/8 yd.
- Double Sided Lightweight Fusible (Optional)
- Freezer Paper (Optional)
- Trim for Stems – 5/8 yard (Optional)
- Washable Glue Stick (Optional)