Learn about some simple straight line quilting designs that beginners can use when stitching first quilts. In this video, a simple sampler quilt* is used as a case study for trying out different designs. You’ll learn the pros and cons of each.
Below are the times that each topic appears in the video. You’ll also find links to more machine quilting tutorials at the bottom of the page.
TOPICS in VIDEO:
- STRAIGHT LINE DESIGNS on SMALLER Projects – 0:48
- Cotton Batting – 1:27
- Stitching in the Ditch – 2:18
- Keep Quilt Balanced – 2:42
- What About a SIMPLE Grid? – 3:18
- Marking a Grid – 4:02
- Adjusting the Grid – 4:37
- Go Diagonal – 5:18
- Marking a Diagonal Grid – 5:49
- Final Design Decision – 6:29
- “How To Stitch in the Ditch”
*Featured Quilt is part of our Building Blocks Series
*Visit our store to purchase Building Blocks