6 inches – finished size
Templates (remember to place arrows on the straight of grain):
- A – cut 2
- B – (same as A) cut 1
- C – cut 2
- D – cut 6 (legs and handle)
- E – cut 1
- F – cut 2
Download a full size copy of these templates:
- Sew A to B. Press. We will call this your A/B unit. Your A/B unit should measure 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
- Sew C to D. Make two units. Press. These units will be mirror images. We will call these your C/D units.
- Sew D to F. Press. Sew another D to F. Press. We will call this your F/D unit. You will make a total of 2 F/D units. Each finished unit should measure 3 1/2 inches by 2 inches.
- Sew 1 F/D unit to E. Press toward E.
- Sew 1 F/D unit to A/B. Press toward A/B. (Watch for the point.)
- Sew F/D/E unit to F/D/A/B unit. Press. (Match seams. Watch for the point.)
- Sew C/D units to each side of the basket. Press.
- Sew A to the unit. (Fold in half and match fold to bottom basket point. Watch for the point.)