Looking for ways to improve your quilting skills but do not want to invest a lot of time and money? Try one of our designs!
we are dedicated to teaching the world to quilt.
- We feature free videos with step-by-step instructions, text transcripts and handouts with patterns in PDF format.
- You may choose to focus on one skill at a time (Beginner Basics) or “jump right in” with a full size quilt (Quilting Classes).
- We also showcase small projects where a beginner can “practice” piecing techniques before conquering larger ventures.
- You can post your creations in our Gallery or enjoy viewing others’ accomplishments.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to browse our Encyclopedia where you can find a plethora of quilting terms.
Hope you learn to enjoy quilting as much as we do!
Click on any photo to start your quilting journey.
Have a beautiful quilt that you adore but no pattern? Find out how to produce patterns on your own.
Learn traditional AND quick cutting methods.
Most quilt patterns require a ¼” seam allowance. Follow our tips and you’ll be sewing an accurate ¼” seam in no time!
There are many ways to tie all the quilt layers together. Learn the different methods and why you might use one over the other.